Read to Lead/Classroom, Inc. Educator Success Manager
National education technology nonprofit is seeking a full-time Educator Success Manager located in NYC and/or with strong ties to the NYC educational ecosystem to help engage, support, retain and grow our network of Read to Lead educators. This new role will also be responsible for developing strong partnerships with school districts and community-based partners with a focus on New York City, and the Northeast.
What We Do
Classroom, Inc. is a philanthropically supported edtech nonprofit that helps middle school youth in high-poverty communities develop the literacy, life and career skills that are essential for success in school today, and to ensure a smooth transition to high school and beyond.
We created and launched Read to Lead in 2017, a platform offering supplemental literacy curriculum in the form of unique literacy learning games set in diverse professional worlds. Our digital learning games, personalized pathways and supporting curriculum empower middle school students by putting them in the role of the boss, where they must read closely, tackle authentic workplace challenges and make evidence-based decisions. Through our immersive virtual workplace experiences, students improve reading and writing skills, apply essential 21st century skills and imagine new possibilities for themselves to achieve new-found ambitions.
Why We Do It
At Classroom, Inc. we engage middle school youth in deep learning experiences. With 28 years of research, we know our approach works. When middle school youth are given the chance to connect the dots between school and their future, immerse themselves in career exploration, and develop critical literacy and leadership skills, they are ready to bring their full potential to any opportunity they wish to pursue.
Students participating in Read to Lead programs outpace their peers in literacy gains on standardized assessments; demonstrate growth in the 21st century skills that are critical to thrive in the modern workplace such as collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving; and gain exposure to new career paths and opportunities.
Middle school educator, Kiwonda Riley, shared her students’ experience: “My students were asking questions about how businesses work, and what it takes to be a boss. On top of improving their reading comprehension, Read to Lead taught them the skills they need to be effective leaders. Students are challenged to make important decisions, preparing them for life outside of their classrooms.”
Educator Success Manager – Who are you? You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. You have a track record of strategically building relationships with teachers, and school leaders. You are committed to scaling Read to Lead’s impact and support for teachers in New York City and across the United States. You understand why educators use Read to Lead and believe in the power of Read to Lead to support literacy, career exploration and social emotional learning (SEL).
In line with our mission and vision, the Read to Lead Partnerships and Programs team ensures high quality experiences for our educator and student communities, leading to improved educator practice, and importantly improved student academic and social emotional outcomes. As the Educator Success Manager, you are an essential member of this team. With a strong background in project management and a love of organization, you will systemize our internal processes, codify our educator support model, communicate our progress to internal and external stakeholders, and offer continuous improvement for educator acquisition, support, engagement, and retention.
As a core member of the Programs and Partnerships team, the Educator Success Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Educator Success and Support (50%)
- Plan, develop, and host professional development and educator network-wide events to strengthen and grow our Read to Lead regional partner network and mass market teachers.
- Manage current school and community partnerships along with instructional coaches ensuring partners are adhering to partner agreements and data collection essential to demonstrating impact and program reporting.
- Work with the research and product teams to identify and develop Read to Lead lab sites
- Own our customer support inquiries responding in real time to educator requests via intercom.
- Foster new school-based relationships by hosting weekly Read to Lead demo sessions
- Deliver live educator training and implementation workshops as part of educator onboarding and ongoing professional development support. Read to Lead educators will not only be excerpts on our literacy games, but will also have enhanced their teacher practice across all content areas.
- Develop and execute on a plan to improve teacher acquisition, engagement and retention leading to 100 new Educator Leaders (ambassadors)
Systems and Process Management (40%)
- Develop new and refine existing processes to improve partner recruitment and implementation process.
- Document all partner recruitment meetings and communications in the content management and partnership management systems (Salesforce, Google drive).
- Design and improve systems for capturing, codifying and sharing materials and best practices across teams
- Communicate effectively across teams in the form of written communications that share Programs and Partnerships’s progress and achievements at the individual school/site and regional partner levels.
- Work in tandem with the Program Marketing Manager to ensure logistics are in place with educator training, webinars, demos, conferences, and national networking opportunities.
- Manage Programs and Partnerships Intranet
- Manage and enhance our Google Sites learning management system
- Codify reporting templates for funders, donors, partners, and internal stakeholders.
NYC Growth and Execution (10%)
- With support from the Managing Director of Program and Partnerships and the NYC recruitment specialist, increase the number and quality of schools and partners with a focus on New York City.
- Conduct outreach to key target partners and markets with the goal of increasing Read to Lead brand exposure through professional development offerings that build educator capacity to improve middle school leadership and literacy skills.
- Working with current school and community-based partners to identify and expand to new partner sites.
- Present Read to Lead programs and educator support services as needed in person or virtually.
- Develop and communicate a deep knowledge of Read to Lead programs, impact, and instructional support models to a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences.
- 5+ years or professional experience with 3+ years of teaching experience.
- Experience building relationships within the New York City education community, especially the New York City Department of Education
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including educators, administrators, and district officials
- Exceptional written, social, and communications skills; experienced in conducting presentations, training and public speaking
- Proven track record of creating systems and processes to enhance performance
- Experience creating, organizing, and facilitating successful events
- Savvy with technology, especially educational tech tools
- Entrepreneurial, creative, self-starter with a great sense of humor is a must.
- Experience using Salesforce, and Google classroom
- Experience using or implementing enterprise customer support tools (i.e. Intercom).
- Possesses a growth mindset and desire for feedback
- Expertise in project management aligned to strategic goals and metrics
- Experience in creating fun and engaging learning events for adults
- Exceptional organizational skills
- When safe, ability to travel to participating sites, meetings, and events in New York City and nationally as needed. Ability to work flexible hours that may extend beyond Eastern Standard time.
Diversity & Inclusion
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our communities, educators, and students today. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: ($50-60K)
- Benefits: Classroom, Inc. offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, generous PTO package including 20 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays, and matching 403-b benefits up to 5% of total compensation (after 6 months of full-time employment).
This is a full-time position reporting to the Managing Director, Programs and Partnerships. We are looking for talented team members who match our passion, and commitment to our mission, and are ready to join a team committed to growth, retention and impact. If you’re interested, send BOTH a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please list your salary requirements for the role to be considered.
About Read to Lead
Read to Lead, created by the nonprofit organization, Classroom Inc., uses the power of game-based learning to empower middle school students to build literacy, life, and career skills. Teachers can sign up for a free account to get started!